October 21, 2023
The Power of Social Media
After working in the beauty industry for over ten years, I have seen the advantages of sharing my business on social media. The best thing to do while still in school is everything! You have to set yourself up for success. Whether that is being ready to hit the salon/spa floor or getting your social media visibility going! You can turn your business from having an empty book with a few appointments a week to having a waitlist of valuable clients scheduling a few months out. You can achieve this by engaging with your followers online. Who doesn’t want a successful, thriving business ready for them after graduating from the program while still in school?! I have curated a few pointers that have helped me as an esthetician student on social media. Let me share them with you:
1. Start your business social media accounts while still in school! Follow pages and join groups that share valuable information about the beauty industry, Beauty advisors, Hairstylists, Spa owners, etc. They can provide great insight into product knowledge, job opportunities, and networking events. It can also introduce you to prospective employers. Don’t miss the opportunity!
2. With client consent, take lots of pictures and videos of your treatments and the progress made on clients’ skin before and after or collages of their hair! Possible future clients want to see what magic you can do! This also builds trust with them.
3. Keep your profile authentic to your style and let your clients get to know who you are! Show them what sets you apart from the rest of the people in your industry!
4. Allow your work to shine. Use different methods of posts such as reels, pictures, giveaways, and “go on lives” if possible. Keep it exciting!
5. Have fun with this, and remember Rome wasn’t built in a day! It takes time, consistency, and effort. What you put in, you will get back in the years to come.
I hope that my pointers bring you and your future business great success and will aid in a strong social media presence. If I can assist you, I can be reached on Instagram @skynnbymimi or by email at Skynnbymimi@gmail.com. I wish you all the best out there behind the chair and in the treatment rooms.
JD Academy just published our Bridal Edition Magazine and it’s for sale at our Danville Location. Come on in and pick up a copy!